Gift this class
Beginners Double Crochet for making shapes.
Learn the basics of crochet in a two hour session.
Don’t worry - this class is for absolute beginners! You will learn the basic crochet stitches required to begin understanding patterns and making shapes to begin creating amigurumi style toys through the process of making a soft crochet ball during the workshop. All materials will be provided. There will be a collection of hooks and coloured wool for you to choose from. It will be a relaxed and social afternoon, full of fun and conversation in our workshop next door to the café.
If you would like to learn the basic stitches and techniques to begin creating a traditional granny square or other “flat patterns” for rugs, hats or scarves check out the Granny square class.
- How to create a three dimensional shape using single crochet.
- How to increase and decrease stitches.
- How to follow a basic pattern.
- • Small soft crochet ball
- • Printed instructions
- • Fun and social atmosphere with coffee and snacks included
- Just your enthusiasm!